Subscribe Now:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Catalog

Friday, October 17, 2008

Another Unsettling Trend

Let me admit to one of my many human foibles. I have a "thing" about hypodermic needles. And by "thing" I mean deep-seated hatred. Call it a fear, call it a phobia, call it a fucking toaster oven for all I care, just keep that fucking thing the fuck away from me. Fuck. That's one of the main reasons I never became a drug-addict, that and the fact I wanted to actually make something of myself that didn't involve ponderous amounts of BO and blowing a complete stranger for a fix.
That being said, I can pretty much tell you why I hate needles, and it goes back a very long way. You see, before I was even in elementary school I loved monster movies. They didn't even have to be very good, just somewhat scary. Well, there was this old 50's SciFi movie about aliens that had needles that came out of their fingertips and that pretty much fucked me up for life.

So you can probably understand my outrage when I read the following:


What. The. Fuck. Now I know that paramedics, EMTs, phlebotomists and other folks in medicine-related fields all know how to give injections, because they're trained to, so I don't know about the rest of you fucking sheeple, but I'm sorry Officer Mengele, you come near me with a needle, I'm fucking drawing down on your ass. Seriously. Get the fuck away from me with that shit.
Another salient point would be the drug they're using, Midazolam, and the possibly harmful effects it could have if someone were allergic to it. I'm not talking I-touched-my-face-after-petting-a-cat-and-now-my-eyes-are-itchy-and-watery allergic, I'm talking ER-in-ten-minutes-or-you're-going-to-fucking-die allergic. Ask anyone who's allergic to penicillin how cavalier their attitude towards a dose of that is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is completely outrageous! Like you, I have a deep seated fear/hatred of needles (although not for such an interesting reason) and find this kind of police tactic to be unconscionable.
Police are not doctors. AND the injection they're authorized to use has an amnesia effect?! Holy toledo, I mean, COME ON!
I must go bang my head on the wall. Really.