Subscribe Now:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Blog Catalog

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Here it Comes

The Dystopian nightmare envisioned by George Orwell is right around the corner, except he didn't have right-wing Nazi, bible-thumping cunts running things. If you enjoy your freedom of speech, and I certainly do, you need to be aware of the rapidly approaching Theocratic Police-State hegemony (look it up) in this country. I, for one, can't stand being told how to live, let alone how to think & speak. These Bills are as close to thought-crime legislation as it gets without coming right out and calling them that. This article from the John Birch Society even called them that. No sense sugar-coating it.
I personally don't relish the idea that some gov't goon is allowed to come to my home, paw through my stuff, confiscating whatever they want, for no better reason than I said mean things about their boss. Personally, a Ruby Ridge-style standoff with the New SS, I mean BATF, does not appeal to me at all. I have a family to worry about. (You get a good zombie outbreak, I'm your guy all the way!)
Linda Milazzo has written a very good article in the Huffington Post about it, and I think you should take the time right now and read it. Do it goddammit! For a more detailed description of the Bills, the Center for Constitutional Rights has an excellent factsheet posted on their site. And don't just read the articles, write an email to your representatives as well, because they still work for you, for the time being anyway.
Here is the letter I wrote to my Senators:

Dear Senator ____________,

I am writing to voice my concern over Resolution 1959, the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007. This is as frightening a piece of legislature as anything I've ever seen, including policy papers from Nazi Germany and the U.S.S.R. under Stalin. It sounds suspiciously similar to the sedition laws enacted by the British prior to the Revolutionary War.

This is a totally unwarranted attack on our Constitutional rights, specifically the First Amendment as I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong, Sir, but isn't voicing a dissenting opinion the very definition of freedom of speech? I personally put a very high value on our freedoms, and those who protect them for us.

Please do everything in your power to persuade others that supporting this resolution is utterly wrong and counter to the Constitution they (and you, Sir,) swore to defend.

I have the utmost confidence in your ability to shone the light of rationality on this corrosive issue.

Thank you for your time,



And if that doesn't work:

No comments: